Welcome to ELEMENTAL Psychotherapy
Welcome, I am Michele Gardiner, a registered Canadian Certified Counsellor and Psychotherapist (C.C.C.) and founder of ELEMENTAL Psychotherapy, a private therapy practice dedicated to supporting individuals and families through healing and recovery from
Anxiety Disorders, Eating Disorders, Trauma, & Concurrent Mental Health issues including:
• Acute Stress, Anxiety, GAD, Panic, Phobia, Perfectionism, Trauma
- • Binge Eating Disorders, Bulimia, Compulsive and Emotional Eating, Eating Disorders in Athletes
- • Body Image, Body Dissatisfaction (BD), Body Dysmorphia (BDD), Compulsive Over-Exercise
- • Depressive and Mood Disorders, Dissociative Disorders, Mood Dysregulation Disorder (BPD)
- • Adult Attachment, Relationship and Interpersonal Problems, Complex PTSD
- • Caregiver/Parent Support for Eating Disorders
Located in the peaceful setting of Summerland, BC, I offer compassionate, person-centred therapy with 17 years of clinical counselling experience and extensive training in my areas of practice guided by Evidence-based approaches such as
CBT, DBT, EFT, EMDR/Flash Technique, MI, and Somatic Embodiment and Regulation Therapy bridged with
Expressive Arts, Mindfulness, Nature, and Intuitive Eating Therapies.
As a Humanistic therapist, I apply an Attachment-based and Trauma-Informed lens
and greet you from a place of collaboration, compassion, and nonjudgement to promote a safe and inclusive space
that builds on your existing strengths and wisdom, while nurturing new hopes and healthier coping skills, balance, and
a more authentic sense of Self that aligns with your core values and goals for life and living.
Honouring you as a unique and knowing individual is a core principle reflected at ELEMENTAL Psychotherapy through
the perspective that, as human beings, our unique thoughts, feelings, beliefs, and experiences provide us with an inner wisdom that is both empowering and elemental to our process of creating meaningful and sustainable change.
I Offer A Free 30 Minute Phone Consultation
Individuals, aged 16 and over, can Self-refer or be referred by a parent or trusted Health Professional.
During recovery from an eating disorder it is beneficial to include your GP and/or RD in the treatment process
so we can work support you as a team and help you achieve your goals.
I am a Registered Service Provider and work with
BC Emergency Health Services, Blue Cross, Green Shield, Optima Global Health,Metis Association of BC.
To avoid disappointment, always confirm coverage before beginning therapy.
To learn more about my professional background, education, and personal recovery experience, you are welcome to visit
the Therapist's page, or to discover your Stage of Readiness for therapy by viewing the Stages of Change model here, or
exploring the wealth of free information, tools, and supports on the Resource page anytime.
If you are feeling ready and inspired to create the change that you desire in life,
I look forward to hearing from you and invite you to contact me directly to book a free 30 minute phone consultation or session
I look forward to connecting with you soon and learning more about your hopes and goals for therapy,
and how I can best support you towards reaching your goals and finding greater peace, joy, and freedom from these problems.
• Office Hours: Tuesday and Thursday, 9 am to 6 pm; Friday and Saturday, 9 am to 2 pm
• Individual Rates: $120/60-mins, $165/90-mins, plus 5% GST
• Family Rates: $170/60-mins, $245/90-mins, $325/120-mins, plus 5% GST
The office will be closed for seasonal holidays December 23 to January 3.
“Freedom rings when you realize you can become what you never thought you could become.”
* The content of this website is the creative property of it's author, and owner of Elemental Psychotherapy & Support Services, Michele L. Gardiner.
Copying any portion of this site without permission of the author is plagiarism, a Crime and violation of the Ethical Practices of the BCACC, CCPA, and APA.